Monday, October 26, 2009

In an Unexpected Way


Last night was crazy! I was feeling very stressed out and just overwhelmed about life in general. I have a lot to do and am not managing my life (or time) nearly as well as I would like to. It's not like I'm about to sink or abandon ship or anything, life is just hard sometimes. I know that we should expect life to be hard, it's how we become who we are supposed to be. After doing my studying for the night, I turned to my scriptures. They are my refuge when I don't know what to do, and when I am momentarily distracted by all the small details to focus on the big picture. I read my scriptures and was about to go to bed, when a friend texted me a church quote. It made me smile that he would think to send me a quote right at this particular moment, and I know Heavenly Father had a part in it. My friend went on to ask about my day and how it was. I mentioned that I had been feeling rather stressed, and he wanted to know why. I was so grateful to have someone to talk to (even if it meant staying up later than I should have). After saying goodnight to my friend, I said my prayers and went to bed. When I got to my Career and Life Planning class this morning, there was another guest speaker waiting to talk to us. I thought it was going to be just like any other class. He talked to us about balancing our lives and filling our "Buckets of Love". I don't know about the rest of the world, but I don't typically expect to receive answers to prayer in an academic class. At least, it had never happened to me before. This lecture was exactly the reminder that I needed, which was a blessing. It came in an unexpected way, but I'm not one to question the way my Heavenly Father decides to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment