Sunday, October 25, 2009

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?

I am seriously considering running away to Neverland. Although, I guess one would technically fly to Neverland...how else do you expect to do the whole "second star to the right and straight on til' morning" thing? Plus, I don't really like running. That's a bit beside the point though. Like I said, I'm going to Neverland. Do you think they accept college freshman in Neverland? Probably not...well, maybe I'll just run away to Disneyland. Disneyland will accept anyone who is young at heart. Needless to say, life is a bit crazy between classes, exams, roommates, friends leaving on missions, friends coming home from missions, comfort books, and long reassuring conversations with Mom on the phone. Despite the insanity, life is good. Really. College town is growing on me and I'm doing all this growing up. Growing up comes with all sorts of nifty things-a dorm room with no one nagging me to turn off my light, roommates who think that musicals are opera, and a lot of responsibility. And while Neverland would be nice, I've always thought that reality must be much better than any fantasy...because even though Neverland would be safe and easy, I see myself becoming who I am supposed to be when I face challenges, and not even a trip to Neverland is worth losing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment